There’s no getting around the change of seasons in Logan, it’s something we all have to account for and make changes to accommodate. While it still may not be at the forefront of your mind, the time is getting closer to start using your heating system. This, of course, means that it’s the perfect time to think about annual furnace service as well, but probably not in the way that you had thought before.
Energy savings comes in many shapes and forms, including:
- Furnace Service. Many homeowners only associate furnace service with changing out filters, but having a tune-up completed can help your system run more smoothly, providing you with efficient comfort that could help you save on your monthly heating costs.
- Take It Down A Notch. Adjusting the temperature on your thermostat even a handful of degrees may help you save consistently throughout the year. It’s pretty evident, but when your system doesn’t have to operate as often, you don’t have to pay as much in energy costs.
- Filters. Another easy fix that most every homeowner can take care of on their own, swapping furnace filters every month or two during the heating season helps air pass through more effortlessly, making less work for your furnace.
- Defeat Drafts. It’s not hard to lose a lot of your heated air to drafty windows and doors, so be sure to use caulk and weatherstripping to close those pesky holes and keep the warm air indoors to enjoy.
- High Efficiency. When your Western Mechanical, Inc. technician stops by for your annual furnace service, ask about your current system’s efficiency level and what higher efficiency models are an upgrade. Choosing higher efficiency can provide you with the same level of comfort, while helping lower your monthly energy expenses.
Everyone likes to save a few dollars here and there, and by no means is this list comprehensive, but there are a few simple ways to help increase your comfort when the temperatures go down in Logan. Whether you’re calling to schedule annual furnace service or simply want to know which furnace filter is ideal for your system, give the team at Western Mechanical, Inc. a call at 435-753-5515 to start saving a little more today.