Summer has arrived! Many of us are excited for warmer weather and some peaceful summer days. To optimize your comfort and actually relax, ensure your air conditioner is ready for summer’s hottest days. One of the keys to a great summer in Logan is a dependable, efficient air conditioner. While Western Mechanical, Inc. always recommends staying up-to-date with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got numerous tips to help keep your air conditioner running this season.
- First, another opportunity to recall the golden rule of HVAC: monitor your air filter consistently! Replace your air filter in accordance with the manufacturer’s suggestion.
- Uncover your air conditioning unit if it was covered for the cold weather. Starting your air conditioner prior to removing the cover can seriously damage it and lead to costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris located close to your outside unit can lessen your AC’s operations. Trim the grass, get rid any debris and remove overgrowth that obstructs your unit before you start it this summer. be mindful to check the area at least monthly to keep it open and maximize airflow through your air conditioner.
- To ensure the best air quality and that your air conditioner is working efficiently, have your ducts maintained regularly. It’s also a favorable idea to have your ducts examined for leaks to make sure all that cooled air is going where you want it and not getting out through gaps.
- Consider installing a programmable thermostat to help you manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Check the slab your air conditioner unit is placed on.
These straightforward steps can save you from avoidable air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable all summer long. If you would like to arrange your annual air conditioner service, or if you are interesting in any more tips or ideas to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running smoothly, call Western Mechanical, Inc. in Logan at 435-753-5515 today.