Before you work on filling up the calendar with summer vacations and trips, be sure to schedule time to have your air conditioner attended to by a heating and cooling professional. Routine maintenance may not feel like a sense of urgency, but regular air conditioner service does more for your air conditioner than you think.
Why do tune-ups help?
- Minimize need for repairs – Most people realize that the summer months in Logan are not the greatest time for an air conditioner to give out. Scheduling air conditioner service helps you be more proactive and our expert technicians can identify any red flags that suggest trouble ahead for your air conditioner.
- Ensure efficient operations – Not only can tune-ups identify areas of concern, but it also increases the efficiency of your air conditioner. Air conditioners are investments that you need to continually check on and maintain to make sure you are receiving the optimal benefits from your unit.
- Reduce expenses – You want the best performance possible out of your air conditioner. A comfortable living area is the main purpose, but a properly running air conditioner also lowers the cost of your energy bills and prolongs the life of your system.
What will a technician do during an air conditioning tune-up?
- Check the filter status – It’s recommended to change your filters at least every three months, so the technician will examine the cleanliness of the existing filter. Filters that are dirty force your air conditioner to work harder than necessary and can also lower the quality of the air in your home.
- Check refrigerant charge – Too much and too little are never good things when it comes to refrigerant levels. Too little refrigerant can cause added stress on your system and too much will reduce how efficiently your air conditioner cools your home.
- Check electrical connections – There are a lot of moving parts that are included in an air conditioner and when any of these parts become loose it increases the risk of sparks or other damage to the electrical components.
- Clean the coils – Dust and other particles can collect on both your outdoor and indoor coils, which can impair efficiency and raise the amount of energy used.
The experts from Western Mechanical, Inc. in Logan can provide a quality air conditioner tune-up and service, while answering any questions you have about your air conditioner, its performance or your indoor comfort. Give them a call at 435-753-5515 and keep cool this summer.