During the cooler Logan months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when it breaks down and evolves into your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t happen to you, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. Nonetheless, if it happens, a simple call to Western Mechanical, Inc. will have you back to a warm and cozy home in no time. We’ve got some signs you should watch for to help you determine if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before it results in an emergency repair. Call Western Mechanical, Inc. as soon as possible if you see any of these problems:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace right away and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that makes a flame and leave the lights off until your furnace can be examined by an experienced HVAC professional or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re constantly turning up the thermostat, yet you’re still cold, a furnace repair may be in order. While this could be a indication of a problem with your thermostat, it might also mean your furnace is not big enough for your house.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you observe a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s become noisier than usual, it’s probably time for a repair visit.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re operating your furnace as you usually do but recognize an increase in your utility bill, there are a variety of different problems you could be experiencing. Your expert from Western Mechanical, Inc. can determine what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running consistently, you could have a problem. It might be a something as minor as an air filter problem or something as big as a motor problem. We’ll help you sort it out.
Now that you know how to tell when you need a furnace repair, contact us and our team can help. If your furnace is working fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call Western Mechanical, Inc. at 435-753-5515 or arrange an appointment with us online.