It seems as though we are ever-connected to our smartphones. Whether it is email, searching the latest sports scores or perusing Twitter, we seem to be as busy as ever. That doesn’t mean that your smartphone can’t be taken advantage of for simple conveniences like knowing when you require air conditioner service though.
Today, there are two types of Wi-Fi thermostats.
- Connected. These permit you to control the system from anywhere via Wi-Fi, so if you leave the house and forget to turn down the thermostat you can go into an app and change the temperature setting.
- Smart Thermostats. In addition to Wi-Fi capabilities, smart thermostats automatically alter the temperature for you based on whether you’re home or not.
Smart thermostats have been mentioned quite a bit in the last few years, and as technology continues to improve, they will more than likely become even more common. And why not? They do offer a number of perks and allow you to have the best control over your home’s temperature and environment.
- Easy adjustments. Smart thermostats don’t just have a clever name, they recognize your habits and know when you’re at home and when you’re away so that you can get the best savings out there. Smart thermostats ensure that your comfort is always a top priority, while also working to save you more money.
- Helpful reminders. Wouldn’t you enjoy knowing when it’s time to swap your heating and cooling system’s filter or when it’s time to arrange air conditioner service? Smart thermostats can allow you to do so, meaning you can count on your system to inform you when there is an issue or it’s time for service.
- Convenient compatibility. Most smart thermostats are created for easy integration across a number of different heating and cooling equipment manufacturers so you can go with the best one for your needs and budget.
Smart thermostats will continue to improve like most pieces of technology, but they already provide a variety of perks that can help better your comfort, potentially lower your energy bills, and even tell you when you need to set up air conditioner service. Western Mechanical, Inc. in Logan has a number of thermostats to choose from, so if you have any questions about which one is right for you, give us a call at 435-753-5515.